Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Why I don't talk on the phone much

It is hard for me to have a phone conversation when the kids are awake. They sense my lack of attention as soon as they hear the phone ring and it tends to be an uphill battle from there. Trying to parent and be a good conversationalist, talk about an oxymoron. I know every mom out there knows what I'm talking about, kids have a sixth sense when it comes to mommies on the phone.

Tonight my mom called and within a minute I was giggling at the utter chaos that engulfed me. Granted, it didn't help that when she called I had just gotten rashy bottom Taylor out of the tub and was trying to keep her in the bathroom to air out her toosh without making a mess on the carpet. Also trying to multitask and clean the bathroom while the three big kids were running around the house playing together...yeah that didn't last long. Lincoln fell on his hand, I assumed he was tired, he cries easily when he's tired. So the phone rings, about a minute into the conversation I'm trying to hear my mom over Lincoln's whimpers at my feet.

Here is a glimpse of my, oh I would say minute and a half, case and point as to why I don't talk on the phone much. Yes I added to the hullabaloo by taking pictures while on the phone...this silly blog runs through my mind especially when I question if this is really happening to me.

Where I started the conversation. 5:27pm I turn and see Taylor has escaped, as she looks to the ground I realize she's about to foil my plan for keeping the carpets clean I scoop her up and plop her on the toilet...she was only interested and no she didn't use it. But we tried 3 different times. And here comes 'Blow horn' doing who knows what with that cord...but I don't like that look in her eye. Actually, I kind of love it but sometimes it does scare me. Go put your pants on! Oh were you running from climber girl with her own look in her eye? Lincoln was no longer at my feet so I walk in to see how he's doing and he looks pitiful (and not at all appriciative of having his picture taken) because he can't use his hands to build with the Lego's...after all was said and done I really think he sprained it to some degree. Payden caught on to the fact that I was taking pictures and decided to add to the variety and climb and cheese at me.
And Hailey was convinced that she suddenly lost the ability to put on her own pants.
5:29pmAnd this is tame, I just happened to be in the middle of it, usually they go silent and conspire against me with some mess somewhere. Tonight it was just a bit of chaos. Sorry Mom if I seemed distracted...I know that you of all people totally understand :)

No comments: