Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 In Review

Well in saying goodbye to 2010 I thought it would be fun to review it in pictures. Here are some, and certainly not all, of the things that happened this last year.



My last baby crawled right on out of babyhood and straight into toddler hood!It's okay though because a few friends had babies of their own! Peter and April welcomed Benjamin Daniel.Spent time with friends I cherish! (Not all are pictured here ;))Took unseasonably warm walks for the last time around camp as residents there :(I got crafty making tutu's for the girls...and flower hair clippies.Chris and Sharon welcomed Gavriel ZionNathan and Alissa were blessed with the beautiful Zoe JoyWe lounged our last at our house at TadmorThe kids helped lead worship for the first time on Mother's DayI discovered I really like making cool birthday cakes for my kids.

photo by Gobias Media http://www.gobiasmedia.com/
My baby turned 1!We moved our fridge...and everything else. Bought our first house!Ken and Linsea welcomed Johnny Danger
We had our first pool party.
Hailey found out Uncle Kyle and Aunt Gina are going to have a baby!

Lincoln found out Uncle Kyle is going to be a daddy!
Markie graduated High School
We slept at Tadmor as guests not residents
The big kids went to their first broadway show...The Lion King
Uncle Kyle and Aunt Gina came to visit

The kids experienced Trails End for the first time...and couldn't get enough!I did my first team triathlon.
Most of the family was together!
I went to Women's Camp as a camper.And we did everything campers do and loved it.
Uncle Kyle couldn't get enough of the kids so he came back! Or it was for his 10 year High School reunion.
The kids that could write their name got their first library cards.
Payden and Lincoln started pre-school... And then went and turned 5
I completed my first half-marathon!
We cheered our Ducks into the National Championship!The kids went trick-or-treating for the first time! Amy and Chris got married!Missy came and visited...twice :)I got to spend Thanksgiving with my Grandma for the first time in my life. Hailey Bean turned 3
And we spent our first Christmas in our new house.
Other key moments, Jer turned 29, I ran my first 5k, I turned 27, and we celebrated 6 wonderful life-changing years of marriage.
Every year I'm blown away at how fast it went by and at how much life happened. This coming year I'm looking forward to becoming an Aunt for the first time and going to the National Championship game, and that's about as far ahead as I can think right now. But I know that in this seemingly ordinary life, Christ makes it anything but that. We want to continue to live out life loving our God and his people and we get blessed along the way by being a part of His plan. I know that the most mundane things can be used beautifully and radically so it is with excitement that I look forward to all the life we will get to live this year.

No comments: