Friday, January 14, 2011

Scary Hippo?

Tonight we were sitting in the front room doing the bedtime routine with the kids. The rule is if you disobey after a warning you go to bed before we're done. Taylor is typically in bed before we're done. Tonight Hailey had to leave early. I cuddled with her for a bit while she tried to convince me she should stay awake. After I tucked her in and went back downstairs she cried for a little while then stopped, and was quiet for a bit. And then, all of a sudden, she started screaming and crying from her room and came to the top of the stairs. I hear her say 'mahhhhmeeeeeEEee! there was a sssscaaarrryyyyy hih hih hih hippooohhhhh' What? Payden, Lincoln, Jer and I all look at each other none more confused than the next. So off we go, big kids headed to bed and I scoop Hailey up to tuck her back in bed. Trying to figure out what she was talking about. As I tuck her in I see this book in her bed.

And she sits up frowning/pouting telling me the scary hippo was in here. I asked her to show me. So she starts flipping through looking up nervously at me after every page. Until we get here. She says 'mommy see the scary hippo?' Yep I see it!



Boom
No wonder she was freaked out to the point of tears in her dark room by herself...that is one scary hippo! So I explained that hippo's aren't anywhere near us and then we prayed and now she's sleeping soundly. I'm just not sure how I'll sleep, that thing is frightening!

No comments: