Friday, January 7, 2011

She's more like Hailey than I thought!

The kids were playing upstairs...a normal occurrence in this house, while I was in the kitchen. And then I heard it, a boom, and not a boom I've heard before, then she started crying and I went sprinting upstairs. Wondering where could she have fallen from that made such a loud noise?

The ladder to the loft. My poor baby was crying laying on the ground by the ladder! As I scooped her up in my arms Payden informed me loudly and urgently that none of them did anything but Taylor's hands were on the carpet at the loft at the TOP OF THE LADDER!!!!!!!!! It still makes me sick thinking about it as I'm typing this, maybe I should have waited a few days gotten a little separation. I can't believe it! I had the cuddliest baby ever though for the rest of the night and you better believe I cuddled the snot right out of her. And snot she had cause we're a big snotty congested mess in this house but I gave her all the snuggles she wanted.

Ah I still can't believe it. She has no limits to what she'll do trying to be with the big kids. My sweet bold Taylor Jo has a bruise on her right thigh, her right ankle and a scrape in the crook of her neck on the right side of her face. Ugh, just awful. So awful. Tonight when Payden was recounting for Jer what happened she said 'mommy came so fast, but not fast enough cause she didn't catch her' then Lincoln 'mommy you didn't' catch her'. It was one of those many moments I wish I had a super power of speed or going back in time to save her from the pain. I know it will not be the last time one of my children feels pain, but I think about how fantastic it would be to save them from pain, and not just the physical. It is scary to think about the trials in life they will face that I can't shield them from or simply take on so they don't have to. So it is a reminder to me to continue to cover my children in prayer and snuggle the snot out of them when they need it.

1 comment:

April said...

Ugh, how scary Heather! Sooo glad Taylor is okay. You may not have super powers but you are pretty darn close to being super mom....and anytime you can't make it up the stairs fast enough I know someone else who is ALWAYS with them :-)