Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blank

On our flight down to Arizona for the BCS National Championship game I sat between my handsome husband and Matt Zaffino! Yep, our local KGW Chanel 8 weatherman! As I sat down I looked at Jer with wide eyes as if saying 'do you see who I'm sitting next to?' and he just chuckled silently with such amusement, probably thinking 'my wife is so strange'.

I get ridiculously starstruck whenever I see someone famous whether at a distance or face to face and this was no exception. I know, I know, local weatherman, it's not like he's in the tabloids or anything, it doesn't matter. From the moment I saw he was sitting right next to me I was trying to think of something clever, or funny, or memorable to say...why? 'Cause, Jer's right, I am strange and care for some reason! Even when, eventually, my eyes couldn't stay open due to the Dramamine I took for motion sickness, I couldn't let myself fall asleep. What if I snored or drooled or touched him on accident? Unacceptable! Our flight was two and a half hours long and we only chit chatted (if you can call it that) for a total of probably 8 min, if that. He was in debate on whether to take a nap or methodically read his newspapers, open and shake/flick it at the spine and fold it back in quarters, one quarter at a time until he finished. And that was the flight.

Jer and I got on the plane at different times, I was finishing dinner in the airport and he got on the plane. I didn't find out till later that, apparently, he doesn't care or recognize a "famous" person, and I use the term loosely, when he sees one! It only came out after they were chatting about if Mr. Zaffino was neutral about the game because Jer noticed that he was the only person on the plane not broadcasting their Duckcitement. :) Eventually he put it together and vocalized (something I struggled with so badly) that he looked familiar. All in all I felt like it was a pretty good story! I sat next to Matt Zaffino and helped him make the ever important decision of whether or not to wait for the beverage cart to go by to use the lavatory, look at me being helpful to a famous person!

1 comment:

Lennyb said...

don't let Jer fool you! he was as excited as a little girl when we sat in front of "The Schonz" at a Blazer game last year . . .