Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Smart girls

Jer and I had such a great time in Arizona but we sure missed the kids while we were gone! Driving home with them from my parents house we went by a tiny bit of construction on a side road and the workers had their slow signs down as we creeped by the cones and trucks. The questions started flying as to how I knew when I could go, why I was driving in the other lane, why I waved at the guy holding the sign, and all of them came at once I'm not sure who said what. After I finished explaining that they were there to tell me the new rule on when to go Payden killed me. The seriousness on her face was like none I've seen before as she formed her thought "mom...so, here, a thought just came into my head! Do you want to know what it is? Okay it's this, I think that you and me are very smart!" 'Oh yeah?' "Yeah, do you want to know why?" (Yes she often starts her stories or comments with questions, we're trying to break her of that habit) 'Why?' "Because I figured out that when police lights are going off it's cause they're letting people know they are coming to help them, and you figured out that new rule!"

I have been soaking them all in. Their expressions the look in their eyes, their observations, their explanations, everything, I have missed my kids! Life is good!

Oh and more posts to come from the weekend, we couldn't get the internet working at Jammi's house but I've got some started from my phone, we'll see when I can get them finished...probably after bedtime!

No comments: