Monday, January 3, 2011

Did you know I love God?

Lincoln is not the big talker in our family but when you get him alone he has a lot to say, there just isn't anyone racing or competing to be heard because when that happens he usually takes a back seat and let's Payden talk away. My handsome son woke up first from nap today and came down to chat. The hard part for me is changing my pace of interaction with him, when I remember to do that he says some of the most amazing things.

L: Mom, do you know I love God?
Me: I do actually Lincoln
L: *heartfelt smile
Me: What do you love about Him?
L: That he saved us. (pause) That Jesus died for us. (pause) And that he made the whole world. (pause) (pause) (pause) And that he made food!!! (long pause/content smile) Did God make food with sugar?
Me: *unsure nod not knowing where he was going with this
L: (enthusiastically and like he's in on a secret) But sugar is not healthy for us!

He has been obsessed with knowing what has sugar in it lately and I love how everything he thinks about goes back to God. This boy is something special, and I just adore him!

No comments: