Monday, January 9, 2012

Silhouette Canvases

I feel a little paralyzed as how to start back up again with this little blog here. I got a little overwhelmed with life for a little while there, and that just meant my discipline across the board was lacking...I felt like I was kind of in survival mode.

So I'll just jump in with what I did today.

I crafted a lot for Christmas gifts and I had so much fun (little did I know it would add to my stress load). But with all that crafting came supplies I don't normally have on hand, and who can complain about that? SO since our walls are freshly bare after the Christmas decor came down, I decided I needed to add something to the wall in the dining room.

I started by taking pictures of these cuties...




It took a few takes to get enough of their profile to make it work...I don't even think all of these are the ones I used....
 Oh then there's this crazy Mrs Thang

 I traced those mugs onto some wax paper, simply just laying it over the computer screen and getting it to the size I wanted...it's hard to see in the picture

 And gathered my simple supplies! Canvas, acrylic paint, a brush and scissors

 So I traced their distinct features onto the canvases and got to painting! Here is the finished product with my ragamuffins!

It just makes me so very happy!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Cute!

gina schumacher said...

those are 4 of my favorite profiles!

April said...

super cute idea Heather!!