Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Phone/The Golden Gate Bridge

After I posted on facebook that my phone did not come home with me I got a bunch of people asking about what happened, so I figured I'd start with that story first. We were on our way out of town and the last stop was the Golden Gate Bridge. Most of us decided to walk across to meet the car with the non-walkers on the other side. What we didn't notice at the beginning of the bridge was the sign that said 'sidewalk closed', which meant we made it nearly all the way across with no idea we couldn't make it to the car. We turned around, some bladders very full and started the long walk back across the bridge. Feeling pretty good I agreed to running back for a change of pace and muscle usage, as we'd been walking all over the city since our arrival. I handed over my camera and water bottle to Jer and started jogging in my flip flops. After a few minutes I felt it. A wiggle. Rolling down my leg. Yep my phone was in my very shallow pocket well actually it was bouncing on the sidewalk and then falling through a very small slit and I watched it go all the way down into the water! After laughing, and staring in disbelief Amy and I took off running. I was so mad. Mainly because we just bought the phone and I hate spending money. But at least I can say my phone fell into the water beneath the Golden Gate Bridge while running across!
Before all of that, it was the perfect weather and the only time there was no fog whatsoever!

So very bright

Walking across the first time

 A sign in the middle of the bridge that reads "Emergency phone and crisis counseling"

The other cool thing that we saw while walking across were some dolphins and one shark. I had this really awesome picture that I took on my phone of the shadow of the bridge on the water with three dolphins swimming around, but that is now gone forever. I'm still really glad we spent the time to do it, hindsight is just that I would have handed Jer my phone too.

No comments: