Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snow?

Last Sunday we had some snow, and I say that with a smile on my face because based on the kids reaction you'd think we live at the top on Mt Hood. Jer and I woke up abruptly at 7 to screaming from somewhere in the belly of our house. It sounded like there were 50 kids in the house and the sound was getting louder and closer really fast. The things that go through your mind when you hear a noise like that are along the lines of 'there must be a limb detached from a body somewhere and I'm about to find out who it belongs to', that kind of noise. Well they spilled into our room (just the four of them) and Hailey was the first one we heard scream 'IT'S SNOWING'. And there was much dancing and singing and throwing back the curtains to get to see the white dusting over the school field behind the house. And then they discovered the kids 4-wheeler that we got for them the night before off craigslist. So we bundled them up and off they went to play. You know I don't think I even realized how little snow there was because it was quite exciting.




















 I did happen to get a video of the ensuing little snowball fight.



 They were such good sports, Payden gracefully received her cleaned off glasses with a smile. And they did not want to leave for church. Let me just say it is a good thing we got that play time in because by the time we got home the rain had started and the snow was gone!

1 comment:

April said...

I love how you and Jer always seize the moments with your kids!