Thursday, January 12, 2012

End of the World

Payden was the joyful recipient of a snuggly pillow pet type of animal that my mom found at Costco, when you open it up there is a blanket inside...well let me just show you a picture...
Wow they look alike here!
She has affectionetely named him? her? I can't remember the assigned gender, Tiigee, yes that is Tiigee with two i's. She even has a little song that goes along with the spelling and will proudly sing it for you if you ask.

Well, the other day the unspeakable happened, Tiigee was missing. And I was getting ready to go see West Side Story with my mom and I heard all 4 kids wandering the house searching and calling "Tiigee, where are you". I thought it was a game they were playing until my tearful eldest came into my room "mom, I really can't find Tiigee and we've looked everywhere". SO we searched, and couldn't find him. And then I went back to getting ready. And thats when I heard it...her searching song. I love my daughter so much, she is so articulate and loves so deeply, even if it is her new stuffed animal.
Tiigee was found by Aunt Amy while I was gone, and he was on a shelf in my closet. As soon as they found him Payden remembered putting him there in the morning...we have been welcomed into the world of a 'lovie', and I'm contemplating seeing if Costco still has them for that 'just in case' possibility.

2 comments:

April said...

oh how I miss that sweet girl! We need to find some excuse to see you all soon!!

Carly Cross said...

Cute! And yes, having a back-up is a very smart idea. I'm still scarred from the incident of my missing blanket. Tragedy of 1992.