Monday, January 23, 2012

A Lot

There is a lot going on right now. I know that God is big and  in Isaiah 9:6  For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
He is the Holy One, Emanuel (God with us), and with all of those names I feel the specific characteristic represented. Life feels heavy, but light at the same time if that makes any sense. I have hope in the Prince of Peace and that His work on the cross saved us from our sins and we are saved by grace through faith. We are redeemed. We are His.
There is so much in the lives around us that are full of; loss, hurt, change, fear, the unexpected, illness, death, lack of control, fear of man, but at the same time in this wonky life God has us living together there is; salvation, life, rejoicing, laughter, praise, excitement, beauty, needs being met, celebration, and redemption it is the Gospel and it is so freeing.
I am hopeful in the midst of unknown. I am trusting and letting Him carry the worries that I want to take as my own. And I pray.

1 comment:

April said...

Remeber friend that He is strongest when we are weakest. Love you and am praying for you!!