Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Things I Never Thought I'd Say

In all 5+ years I've been a parent now there is a list of strange/funny things that I never thought I would ever say. Today there was another, multiple probably but usually there are too many things going on for me to realize it.
We were in the session at Winter Youth with all four of my kids and Joel Winningham. Let's back up a bit...throughout the day the kids have all made buttons, and I didn't realize it until later that Joel and Lincoln were referring to theirs as transformer buttons. Well in the session tonight after a good 10 minutes of sitting in the chairs (Jer wants everyone sitting in the seats this year instead of lingering in the back) I looked over and they were loudly pressing their buttons and saying "transform to dinosaur" cue signature Joel/Lincoln dinosaur noises. So I quickly hop out of my seat trying to shoo them all out of the ballroom into the back hallway...the whole time the boys being dinosaurs and then when we got into the hallway they pushed their buttons and said 'transform to Lincoln' (or Joel) and then a shudder and they was ready to listen. Then I said with an unsuccessful straight face "It is absolutely not okay to transform into a dinosaur in there". Yeah I lost it...discipline fail!

Lincoln and Joel pre-transformed

Let the transformer button dinosaur transformation begin!



Now just imagine the volume and you can see why I rushed us out of there so fast!

No comments: