Monday, December 27, 2010

Reset Button

With this crazy life of 4 little kids and trying to live on mission as a family means a lot of things, but right now I'm mainly thinking about the fact that this momma doesn't get much sleep. I can't really blame anyone but myself because there are plenty of nights where I stay up too late whether I'm being productive for the family or simply delaying the morning when I know I will constantly be responding to the needs of the adorable little people in my life. And I wouldn't want it any other way. But some nights I don't want to give up that feeling of freedom. So these last two nights have been extraordinary! Jer and I came out to Winter Youth Saturday night and the kids stayed at Grandma's so this momma has finally gotten some sleep! It truly feels like a reset button. Like I will be able to face the lack of sleep for a good year or so purely based on these last two nights...and I have tonight to add to the luxury. The drawback? I miss those beautiful faces! Those faces I am constantly reminding to love, and speak kindly, and kiss, and apologize, and forgive, and hug, and chuckle with, and cuddle, and learn from, and lavish on, and soak up, and be taken away by, and enter into the imagination with. And now I miss them even more! So here are some glimpses of those faces as I soak up the last good night of uninterrupted sleep I will be blessed with for a long time. And then the nights of blessing of tending and comforting and cleaning will begin again...a totally different kind of blessing, and I love it!





No comments: