Friday, December 31, 2010

They said it in 2010

Facebook has a tool you can use to put together status updates in a collage. Well I was able to peruse through most of mine and was reminded of some of the funny things the kids said and thought I would put some of them on here so I don't forget them.

Lincoln had a meltdown at bedtime, he got scared and felt bad for disobeying today and sat up in his bed 'I'm sorry mom' voice quivering. After our emotional little conversation he goes "I think I needa kiss you mom" melt my heart, so I give him a kiss. Slimy. He says "oh mom I think I needa kiss you for my snot." 'Oh a tissue' "Yeah a kishue". Lovely, I got snot kissed and he wasn't even asking for a kiss.

This morning Lincoln came in and was very complimentary...I was laying in bed and he says "mom I really like your hair, I really like your teeth, and I really like your eyebrows they're so...straight!"

On the train at the zoo Lincoln shouts "this is fantastic"

I hear a scream from Hailey and ask Lincoln "what did you just do to her?" 'Oh I think I'm going to tell the truth this time (big adorable smile), I put my foot on her, it's kind of like pinching, but it's different. It's still disobeying, I'm going to say sorry now'

Payden upon having Honey Nut Cheerios for the first time said "those are really yummy Cheerios, I really like really yummy Cheerios"

After Payden left the kitchen for a little while for having a yucky attitude she returned saying "I'm want to be done being whiny and rude". Me, 'Okay'. Lincoln quickly, obviously not listening "ME TOO, I want whiny and rude too" It took Payden explaining it three times before he realized that they weren't eating whiny and rude she was just done acting that way. Everyone was hungry.

Lincoln to the car dealership guy "Do you know who God is? He is our Saviour!"

On our way to camp for the day and we picked up doughnuts, Lincoln yells out "I'm ready for my sugar mom!" At least he's not disillusioned to what he's eating.

Hailey ran over to me and said "your kids are running, can you stop them?"

Payden "my husband is going to have two more babies and then we will have six...it just makes me want to cry I'm so happy" when I stiffled a giggle she looked at me and said "what? That's what grownups do when they have babies right?"

Lady at the grocery store "oh you have your hands full" and before we were out of earshot Payden says with exasperation 'why do people always say that to us?'

Unexpected things I had to say in one day "Please don't lick your skin" and "Get that binky out of your diaper"

I know if you read these when I first posted them they are a repeat but I honestly forgot about a few of them already. So I'm glad I got them down.

New years resolution...writing down more of the things they say! Hopefully if I can stay on top of this blog thing I will bemore likely to do just that!

No comments: