Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The hardest part of new

For me one of the absolute hardest parts of moving meant we had to find a new pediatrician. Now I know that Dr. Kosmala is not the only wonderful kid-loving pediatrician out there...far from it, but still it was tragic for me to say goodbye to her as our Dr. and our friend. The friends we moved away from was sad of course but there is a connection we have that will go on and catching up will be effortless when we do, and have gotten to spend time together again...effortless. But Dr. Kosmala has been with us from day one of parenthood and she is wonderful, caring and most importantly cares about our kids on a level deeper than just their health. Well today was the first appointment with our new pediatrician, and she is lovely, and personable and Hailey loved her. Hailey had her 3 year well child check up today and she is just so much fun. Me and her, by ourselves...I want it more. I love this child, she legitimately cracks me up gets me laughing for reals and not just giggling cause she's cute...she is freaking hilarious. And adorable. I found myself wishing I had my video camera out just to remember the slight comically timed facial expressions that flash from hilarious to beautiful in the span of a second. Well I had to get a picture of her in her gown waiting for the Dr cause she was just too much.
And of course she is perfectly healthy! 35lbs (65th percentile) and 38.5 inches tall (75th percentile). After she got her one shot, and didn't cry just looked down startled and slightly offended that she wasn't able to fully enjoy her sucker, we were walking out of the room and she said 'mommy why did that Dr hurt my leg?' Now it sounds sad as I read what I typed but it tickled me so and she wasn't sad, purely curious. I just love this little three year old and that we get to spend time together as two girls running through the freezing parking lot to try and stay warm.

No comments: