Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The first of many

Who knows how many different programs we will attend as the kids grow up, but this was the first of them all!

The excitement for Payden and Lincoln's Christmas program had been building since pretty much the beginning of the school year. They have been learning their songs at school since day one and as you know they love to put on talent shows so this was very exciting for them. Unfortunately Lincoln got the 24 hour bug that has been going around here and he was sick all...day...long! Poor guy. When I told him he was going to have to stay home with Grandma Kari and rest he tearfully said 'it's okay mom, Payden said she'd tell me all about the program' broke my heart!

I didn't know how Payden would respond being up in front of an audience because normally she gets anxious or embarrassed when there are people she doesn't know. Well she blew me away. Spot on. She nailed the motions...well most of them. Pretty much lead The Lord's Prayer, her voice was the loudest and quickest pace so everyone was following her. She was simply adorable, and I was so proud!

And now to bombard you with a few video's. She's in the front and center!




I recorded nearly all of it on our video camera but I don't quite know how to get those onto my computer so we're stuck with little clips from my camera.

1 comment:

April said...

A-DOR-ABLE! So cute. A true natural like her mama.