Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Changes Everything

We decided to let Payden grow out her hair when she asked because she loved long hair and was always commenting on people with long hair. So it hadn't really been cut in almost 2 years! The rule was if it was long she had to let me brush and fix it whenever it got unruly, and she was always excellent at allowing me to do just that.This beautiful long hair she had wanted it for so long so of course I kept asking her for weeks to make sure she was serious! Finally after probably the 50th time she brought it up and I responded with "are you sure?" she said "mom I wouldn't be asking if I didn't want it short! I know it will be short but I just want it short!" She was kind of exasperated. I just didn't want her to regret it and evidently I got kind of attached to her long hair too! Well she had a fun date/hair cut with daddy a couple weekends ago, and sure enough came home with an adorable new 'do!

It really does change everything about her. She seems so much older. Satisfied with her independence. She loves brushing her hair now and she can pretty much get ready for the day completely on her own. I'm blown away. And did she regret the decision? No way! She's not jealous of anyone elses long hair (which I was concerned about) and proud for Hailey the she has the longest hair out of the kids...although Taylor is making a run for it!


So excited to head out with daddy.



Snip, snip


So happy

There it is

Such a wonderful time!

No comments: