Monday, April 30, 2012

Easter



The family got separated due to age at the Gladstone Easter Egg hunt, I've never been to a community egg hunt like this and oh...wow, it was a little bit crazy!
This Easter I had an itch to make the girls Easter dresses. I just learned to sew a few months ago, that's another post in the works but I loved it. And when Wendy had some patterns at church a few weeks before Easter I thought to myself. I can totally do that...by myself too. So this is what I made...
pretty basic but I was proud of myself. I watched Phantom of the Opera and sewed to my hearts content.
Jer is now affectionately called the king of Craigslist. And this has been one of his finds...
A bounce house. So we blew that baby up for the kidos to enjoy

Happy Hailey

Payden with her hot chocolate...she begged me to make a head scarf/handkerchief thing and was one happy girl when I oblidged. 


The beautiful Alissa, with her baby boy in tow and all. She recently had to close the her coffee shop and has poured her love for good espresso into a ministry here at Church. And I get to help, and will fill in at the end of May when the little guy joins their family.

Tay Tay

Some of the gathering before we gathered.

Our friends neighbor raises bunnies and she brought them to church on Easter so the kids could pet, hold and walk them on leashes....it was pretty fantastic.

Skylar and Quinny...their perfect faces here pretty much sum up the joy that the kids all embodied all day!



The lovely Jeremy and Dea, it is their neighbor who brought the bunnies...I've never seen a more dapper gentleman holding a bunny!

Hailey helping send the bunnies home.

Cousins!

They're a little obsessed with piggy back rides.

Our family...thanks Hailey for that face...

Grandma Tammi joined us for church and of course all the children smile perfectly for their picture with her...stinkers.

For the weeks leading up to Easter each family got a canvas to take home and create on it what the resurrection means to them...there have been a few more added to the gallery but they really turned out beautifully.

After church meeting we went over to Grandpa Kevin and Grandma Kari's for dinner. I caught Jack eyeing Jer, he was just captivated with him, and let's face it, I'm pretty captivated by Jack.

Seriously such a stud!

Cousins again after their more structured egg hunt.

Each child had an egg that contained a clue to their very own goodie bag. I love when my kids enjoy gifts fully and Hailey summed it up here with her love of her new chapstick. 

It was a beautiful weekend and made it nearly impossible to ignore God's blessings and beauty in His creation, relationships, and gifts, all of which stem from the perfect gift of His Son who saved us and reconciled us to the Father. He is Risen! 

No comments: