Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lincoln's Dream

Ahh dreams, they make for some funny stories don't they? Lincoln came in to see me the other night, with the encouragement of Payden, to share a bad dream he had a few nights earlier. Here's the dream according to Lincoln:
   You were making a birthday cake for Great Grandma and I was a wolf hiding in the woods and when you set the cake down on the table and went back inside I snuck over and ate it then when you came back out and    saw it was gone you were really sad and looked at the woods but didn't see me and then you looked sad (this is where he broke down crying because he was sad that he did something that made me sad). And I felt so bad that you were crying.
All the while Payden was rubbing his back sympathizing with her brother and seeming so proud that he was sharing so freely.

Then Lincoln snapped out of the emotion and tells me,
L: But, Mom, you were younger in the dream 
Me: Oh yeah, how could you tell?
L: You weren't as big as you are now. You were skinnier that's how I could tell you were younger, you were skinnier, not like skinny like a stick just normal skinny. Not bigger like you are now.
Me: Well that's a pretty clear way to tell if I was younger. 
At that point Payden looked a little embarrassed that he was sharing so openly, she sensed he crossed a line and I was trying my hardest not to bust out laughing. You can't beat the honesty of children!
 
 


2 comments:

April said...

Oh man, I can just picture this in my head. My fav part is Payden lovingly stroking his back, that's so awesome. Lincoln is going to conquer the world someday.

And who wants to look like a stick anyway?? :-)

Samantha said...

This made me almost fall to the floor in laughter. This is hysterically funny. And the mental image of Payden stroking Lincoln's back made it even more.