Friday, April 20, 2012

Field Trip

First Kindergarten field trip: Pumpkin Patch (did I confess that this was back in October? makes sense for a pumpkin patch visit I'd say)

Camera: Check

Little Girls Being Watched: Check

Chaperoning Like a Real Grown Up: Check

Sit Back and Enjoy: Check
Bus ride shenanigans

Standing in a patch of pumpkins with your friend.

Cheeser

This is Payden and her best little buddy at school.

The kids learning how to make real apple cider/juice and then tasting it. It was quite delicious!





My group with their teacher, the lovely Mrs. Johnson!


Most of their class



This was pretty cool...

Hazelnut's galore!

Clearly Lincoln thinks as highly of hazelnuts as I do!

Hazelnut angel? Okay

Hazelnut glee, alright.

Hazelnut bed...sounds good.

Hazelnut hat, makes sense to me.

This poor pig did not like all the attention he was getting from the sea of children.

Filling in the time with songs from class
I love getting to be a part of the kids school life regularly. It's one of those things that you weigh when talking about public school vs. homeschool. I would love to accompany my kids everywhere and help them in situations that are tough, or hurtful, or confusing! But I also love that I have a God who trusts me with these people and we are training them up to be bold, loving, and awkward at times proclaimers of Him. I'm already seeing the way God is using my kids and our family in their school, and the fact that I get to regularly have a pulse and presence only encourages the kids that much more to be who God created them to be, and I am blessed indeed!

No comments: