Thursday, April 19, 2012

Oregon @ Stanford

It was quite a day! It started when we left the hotel bright and early for Game Day. The best? Ben & Missy's car did a coffee run for everyone...seriously a lifesaver!
This kid was living the life
Some of my favorite signs



Walking around the beautiful Stanford campus...
While Jer, Amy and I were walking back to our tailgate there was a friendly group of older folks in subtle Oregon gear out for a brisk walk. So what did we do? We 'go Duck'ed' them. And the last gentlemen smiled handsomely and Jer did a quick double take. And then stuttered over himself trying to think of what to say. So he goes 'excuse me', and they turned around hesitantly. Jer 'sir, can I ask you something real quick, do I know you?' Sir "I don't know, I don't think so". Jer 'can I ask you your name?' Sir 'Some people call me John Smith' with a knowing smile and turned and kept walking. Jer immediately freaks out, that was Phil Knight! So I yelled "I love you Uncle Phil", apparently you can't get me anywhere near famous people. We were freaking out. The people walking by all started muttering, is that Phil Knight? It was fantastic.
Missy is quite accustomed to her SoCal warms and needs a little extra protection from a cool refreshing day...but I have to say, not many could pull off the look like she can!

Our tail-gate area.

Best friends!

These were our tailgate partners.

We are Oregon! Aren't you scared?

I love me some Missy time! Seriously is it December yet?

Our seats!

Hehe

We kept screaming 'Best day ever'

Cutie patootie Mullen's, oh and Callie ;)
I love my Ducks

We were a teensy bit excited and may have pee'd our pants a teeny bit. There I said it!

The gang, post-win


My honey...I just love him!
Woohoo, the hat really makes it!

Now you can't ever leave me!

Teehee

Why the long faces Brown's?

Gotcha!

It's one of those trips that you want to re-create but know you never can. I just kept thinking about how I'm really a grownup and on my own vacation with my friends. I doubt it will be the last one! Like I said so many times, I love my Ducks, but I love my friends more!

No comments: