Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sunny Friday

The sun! It has been fantastically sunny for the last week! It's kind of crazy, but we wont complain one bit! Last Friday after school the kids and I played outside for a while, in fact, sunscreen and sprinklers were involved in order to cope with the heat. Then we met Jer at Pogy's, our favorite sub sandwich go-to! And to my disbelief I taught Lincoln and Payden how to play chess.
I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly they picked it up, and delighted at how my kids love to play games just as much as I do! 
Then we went and picked up some Frosty's and headed to the river to sit, watch the water and enjoy the treats
And throw some rocks...well Lincoln anyway.
 
And time with my love is always a favorite!
One lucky kid got to ride home with daddy on his motorcycle and Hailey had found a sweatshirt so she was the only logical choice to stay safe and comfy as the sun set.
 
I followed them diligently. And fun was had by all!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

You're a brave mom for letting your little one ride on the motorcycle. I would be just like and follow behind in the car. The hubster has a Harley and I have yet to allow the kids to ride on it. Ben is actually a little bit afraid of the noise (sensory issues). Several months ago, Tim bought the kids a little dirt bike with training wheels with the hope that as they get older, they will join Daddy on the dirt bike track. Ugh!
On another note, I love reading about your kids.

Unknown said...

I love this. All of this! This sounds like a glorious day!

Unknown said...

whoops that was amanda