Sunday, May 6, 2012

3 Years With Taylor Jo

We celebrated Taylor's birthday this evening. Her birthday isn't until the 13th but today...we celebrated!
I put together this video of the first 3 years of her fantastic little life.


So I asked Taylor a while ago what she wanted her cake to look like...I love making my kids cakes unique to them and I didn't want to do my own thing so I asked. Her answer? Pink, pink polka dots. So I went from there, and turned it into a pink party! We only had family over, but once you get the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins...it's a hefty crew. I've been in a bit of a funk lately, some have informed me that it is called being depressed, but that's for another post altogether, and trust me, I'm writing it. One thing that I've noticed though is that I have a strong push to craft things, not that it's a big change from the norm but still, I went for it for a simple family party.

The spread, pink treats

Her cake, all from scratch...cake, butter cream frosting and marshmallow fondant! It was delish, if I do say so myself!

Balloon backdrop

Taylor wall, you can't really see it but her birth announcement and headband are on the bottom right. 

Taylor is 3! Picture's from each year of her life...and the real thing in the flesh!

My baby!

Of course the sun came out and so did the neighbor kids...and our guests.

Tay Tay in her birthday hat!

My Grandma, Momma, Payden and Birthday girl watching the Taylor video

I just love the way it all came together!

Her birthday hat up close...I seriously LOVE it!

First bite

Family

Sweet girl was so thankful and bashful all at the same time while opening gifts.

The girls with Great-Grandma

My grandma got Taylor a vanity, and it took the cake as far as consumed their attention for the rest of the evening...my mom souped it up a little with all the accessories...they are obsessed!

It was a gloriously beautiful day, and a gloriously beautiful life to be celebrating!

3 comments:

April said...

Sweet Heather...I hate hearing that you are in a funk lately. You've been through a lot of changes lately with your sweet grandpa, the coffee shop, etc. There was something I noticed in the video you made of Taylor though. First, you have beautiful children. Simply beautiful. But even more beautiful is how your loving and supportive giggle is in almost every clip. You do such an amazing job of finding joy in your family, friends, life, and in the Lord and you are passing this gift on to your children. I just know that someday your kids are going to look back at these videos and see how much you delighted in them and they'll find such security in that. How much more does God delight in us as His children? Sometimes life is full of lows but God is always the same, and always there...like your sweet, loving laugh. Love you friend!

gina schumacher said...

pretty party!

Samantha said...

I've had a lifelong battle with depression. I'm looking forward to reading your post on that whenever you get to it.
Happy Birthday Taylor!