Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Family Time

A few weeks ago we had a somewhat impromtu family date. Lunch after church at this great 
spot that makes a mean mac n cheese. And in this family, we take our mac quite seriously! Don't let that statement fool you, that little blue box lures us away from the good stuff every once in a while but you'd be hard pressed to keep my kids from inhaling any form of cheesy covered elbow noodles! Which is why we were so shocked when we were all drooling pulling up to the restaurant and Taylor said, 'I don't want macawoni and cheese, I want salad wif wanch'! Um...daughter I don't know if I can claim you as my offspring since I didn't voluntarily eat salad till I was 20! Needless to say, I tried to convince her that she'd want what the other kids have once she saw it and this is where she proved that in fact she is my child, she stubbornly insisted that she wanted salad.

And she was quite happy with her decision!

Then we headed into Canby where there is a Lego resell store that is pretty epic for the kids.
By the way, did you have any clue how expensive Lego's are? It's insane! Even the used ones! And we have a couple of Lego obsessed kids on our hands. So if anyone is getting rid of their Lego's feel free to send them our way...or try and sell them since apparently there is a profit to be made there!
My beautiful oldest, who doesn't like to jump into pictures lately, so I'll take what I can get!

Taylor worked on filling in this whole board for a while.

And her diligence paid off!



Lego Art!


Drooling...oh boy!


Way to go daddy-o, holding Tay Tay's purse so she can build away!

Lincoln had a coupon for a free Lego mini figure that he got from the prize box at our last dentist appointment. Pretty sweet deal, those guys cost 4 bucks!

It was one refreshing to get to spend time together on a somewhat dreary day and fun was had by all!

1 comment:

April said...

family dates are the best. Well, second best to actual wifey/hubby only date nights, ha!

Legos are crazy expensive, I'll keep an eye out for you.

Love how its the little things that make us not claim our children....like rejecting mac and cheese. GIRL, get your head examined :-)

Miss you.