Tuesday, February 26, 2013

All Boy

My poor deprived son! He craves time with the guys so much that he plays that way even when he's alone/overwhelmed with the girls all weekend. Let's get this straight, he's not REALLY deprived, there are boys everywhere! I think the weekends can just get to him sometimes, the girls love their make-believe/dramatic play and not that he doesn't have his own  flair for the dramatics, I think I tend to forget what a good wrestling session can do for the kid. To be clear while he loves lego's, dinosaurs, cars, wrestling, volume, video games, running, building, and competition he also loves babies, My Little Ponies, Tinkerbell, and is my most emotional child. Sounds like a pretty great guy to me!
So when I heard him playing all alone while he was supposed to be cleaning up the game they just finished playing, I walked in to redirect his efforts. Then I started snapping pictures to remember the moment. It was a full on Candyland War. His intensely themed out battle commentary was littered with weapons like: 'Gumdrop cannon balls', 'cupcake bombs' and 'popcicle swords'! 


2 comments:

April said...

sounds like a VERY great guy to me. Good job mama.

JER said...

That's my son! He may be the most emotional of the kids, but I win that distinction for the family.