Friday, January 25, 2013

Getting the forest out

Every year we know that we will have the tree and Christmas decorations up for an embarrassingly long time, due to Winter Youth and then life...I was just thankful we got everything down before we were out of January!

 The means to the end when you have a giant tree...chainsaw in the house!



 What took 5 guys to get in to the house, took my one burly husband to get it out. Well one husband with a chainsaw!

Messy, messy, messy

It needed to be in 6 foot chunks in order to get picked up from the sidewalk

And boy was it crispy! I had to leave the room because I was certain a spark would fly out and we were all going to die in a matter of seconds. I'm sure that wasn't annoying at all!
But order has been restored to our house, and I'll be honest, I kind of love the clean look after the decorations are all put away, even though I miss the beauty of the red and gold...til next year.
And now I plan on moving backwards through the season to attempt to record some memories.

No comments: