Sunday, October 28, 2012

Makes My Heart Smile

I had so much fun living it up two weeks ago! Well two weeks ago (how has it already been that long?) I was frantically trying to pack and make lists and plan for the multiple family members it took to care for my clan while I was off gallivanting with some of my favorite people!

Jer and I got to use some air miles and fly to see the Ducks play in Arizona. He has a goal to see Oregon play in all of the Pac12 stadiums I think in the next 10 years...something like that. So when Ben and Missy decided they were going to drive to Tempe as a family and then take off to go camping at the Grand Canyon we knew we had to be at least some part of it....I'll get to that in another post. This one is all about how my husband loves me so thoughtfully!
On Sunday night (my flight left at 7:20 Tuesday morning) I had a breakdown. I was feeling sad, and overwhelmed. 

Sad for all of the heartache that has been around us, and touching those we love dearly for a while and some doozies that crept up kind of recently. I didn't realize how I was internalizing all of the sadness I was feeling for people I care so much about. And overwhelmed at everything I had to do! Planning to be away from four kids with Jer starting it already out of town and school and Dr appointments and home community and mildly sick children, and of course all the laundry still had to get done. Like I said, overwhelmed.
And Sunday night my sweet husband asked me why I was so quite, and I just shared the tip of the iceberg and then I kept talking, and then I started blubbering. 

So I blubbered, and talked, and talked and talked, and he smiled and listened. And it was exactly what I needed.

So when I woke up Monday to my lists of things to get done I was feeling a little warn for the wear, but hopeful. And I walked into the kitchen to find this note/list of his own.
It was the most important list of all and it met me right where I was, spoke my language, showed his love for me and pointed me to the promises I have in Christ. Through my husband Christs love was revealed to me. What a gift!

1 comment:

April said...

aww, makes me happy to see this on a Monday morning. A wonderful marriage is a gift to be cherished. Bonus points to Jer for knowing to combine a list and caffeine in speaking love to you :-)