Monday, October 31, 2011

It's not funny yet!

We're getting ready for the big Halloween party tonight and I am helping Lincoln make fire for his dragon to breath, actually we were all helping. Take note of this beautiful little girls long hair! I've grown very attached to this hair, actually everything about her littleness, probably because she is our last baby and that stage is fading away more and more everyday!

Lincoln working away diligently.

Hailey being bashful

Methodical Payden helping make fire

Almost there. As you know kids projects get interrupted and this project was no exception. I was cutting the pieces of fire when Taylor needed her diaper changed. When I came back, I finished cleaning up a little bit and then went to cut more pieces of fire when I couldn't find the scissors...weird, I just had them. I looked for about a minute and retraced my steps and couldn't find them. So I checked the most logical explanation...Hailey. That's when I walked in on Taylor with the scissors up to Hailey's hair. Thinking I had just prevented a minor disaster I didn't get too frustrated and walked away. Right about then Taylor walked in to the kitchen and the true disaster was realized...

Hailey had the scissors first...

And now Taylor is about to get short hair!

I about cried

This is still not funny at all!

My plans of a beautiful little crown braid on my cute little knight for tonight has been dashed! For a second I entertained the idea of just giving her a mullet but quickly decided against that. Reinforcements are on the way to fix it and give my baby doll a cute little bob. But I will miss this long hair. Once I showed her what it looked like she was very sad if you can't tell...so am I!

1 comment:

April said...

oh Heather...what a morning. Sending you a HUGE hug today. Taylor's expression reminds me so much of Hailey in the last pic. This too shall pass, and hair will grow!