Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Treasures

The pastor at Gracepointe got up and spoke a little at the beginning of the kids program yesterday and while he was talking he mentioned how the kids standing up on stage are our greatest treasures and as they were singing their songs and reciting verses I was blown away at how God is going to use my treasures and what the grand plan He has called them to will look like. We pray for them specifically in how they were created and during one song in particular I was struck so deeply at how these precious gifts are already glorifying God and what exciting things He has planned for them. I didn't get the first part of the song on this video but the combination of them singing and the power and truth of what they were proclaiming was so overwhelming I sat there and just cried. The verses of the song go like this.

Before I was born God was watching from above He paid close attention cause I was formed with love, he knew just how special I'd turn out to be cause
God has a plan for little old me

God has a plan for my life
I just can't wait to see what's in store for me, cause God has a plan for my life.


It's easy for me to feel guilty as I stay at home with my kids, the frustrations that come up trying to complete daily tasks, the lack of sleep, or a beautiful wardrobe, or having complete conversations with people on the phone, or losing my temper over spilled cereal, the burden that it can feel like in my times of selfishness can weigh on me. But the reminder of what my job really is and the impact that my kids are already having on me is so encouraging, my sin is revealed and I have the opportunity to turn from that and cling to the truth and realize I am truly blessed at the role I have been entrusted by the Lord.

1 comment:

April said...

this is such a beautiful post Heather. What a great reminder of our real purpose as Mom's and how amazing it is that God uses our children to shape us as well. But tell me....when did your kids get old enough to be in a preschool Sunday school program? Craziness.