Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Date Nite

Jer and I got to go on a date the other night. I'm sorry just let me say that again...I got to go on a date with my hubby!!!!! While it wasn't a hugely planned out thing, it was delightful! Amy and Chris watched the kiddo's and I had got a deal on movie tickets from living social for $2 that was going to expire, even though there weren't any movies out that we were dying to see we ended up sticking with Disney and going to see the 4th Pirates movie
and we had a great time! I popped some popcorn (that I got for free with coupons), and smuggled in ice water and a can of Coke Zero for my honey and he had no idea! Our whole date cost two dollars and twenty cents, the most expensive thing was driving there.
But it totally felt like we were dating again, because it was hot outside, we had the windows down and we were in our -new to us- old car. Now the plan for after the movie was to go shopping to find some shirts for Jer but Old Navy closed at 7 so we headed over to Portland State for Jer's final basketball game. He joined up with a bunch of friends/people from church in a coed league and they are known as Bad Shoots! Get it? Bad Shoots from Good Roots? Well they ended up winning their last game and we had a great time. A little post game dinner stop with Callie, Justin and baby Liam and off to relieve the sitters. We arrived home and all the kids were sound asleep. Overall I realized all over again how much I cherish the time together with my love. I feel blessed to have the partner in life with all the hard/fun/exhausting/exciting/sweet/challenging things we've lived through, he's a keeper and I just love him to pieces!

No comments: