Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Justin Who?

I have to get this one down before I forget it. Life is crazy and school has started which means this is one busy, tired, full house!
Last night the kids were coloring before getting ready for bed and Payden looks up at me and Jer and starts in 

P:Mom, you know Lincoln's new friend who sits at his table?
Me:Yep
P:(with growing intensity) Well she told me that Justin Beaver used to live with her and now he moved out, and he gave her a shirt that has his face on it when he left, and I believe her I really do. (she added in that last  part because my face showed clearly I was doubtful)
Me: Who lived with her? (fully knowing who she meant)
P: Justin Beaver (with authority)
Me: Who's Justin Beaver?
P: (look of exasperation) Everybody knows who that is mom
Me: (trying to contain my laughter threatening to burst out of my belly) Oh yeah, well who is he?
P: (stares at me for a bit) well, I don't actually know but everybody talks about him all the time.
Me: Yeah, it's funny how that happens huh? 
P: Well my friend said she's in love with him, and a bunch of my friends have those shirts with his face on them.And I don't even know why!
Me: Yep that sounds about right, and I'm okay with that!

So it begins...

1 comment:

JER said...

You did a great job of not making her feel dumb and process wearing a boy's face on your shirt. You are a great mom.