Thursday, August 9, 2012

4th of July

I know our day of Independence was over a month ago, but we just got the external hard drive and my pictures are now transferable. It was a great day with family and friends. 
I've been loving all the time Nat and I have been spending together in the last few months, it sure is fun being grown friends with your siblings, something that is weird to think about in terms of my own kids but exciting at the same time!
My husbands hard work has paid off, some new additions this year are making the back yard/pool area even more enjoyable.
After he fashioned this roasting stick holder Jer exclaimed 'wife, you need to take a picture and put this on pinterest'. I just love that he knew I would appreciate a comment like that and translated my excitement into amazement at his creativity!
Oh and don't mind the fire pit he built, on Father's Day, yeah, he's a stud!
Convenient fire poker...technical term here, or is that the technical term?
Mini fridge to hold beverages and the stereo with a makeshift seasonal table on top!
The girls love their Jackson Wayne...keeping him company in the little pool
I can't help myself...
Red, White and Blue fruit dessert.
And again I know I'm ridiculous, but again, I couldn't help myself...a flag cake
Snuggling with Taylor during the fire starting festivities.
The s'more station. I don't want to brag, but I'm going to...we know how to make some mean s'mores, and it's crucial that pass down the legacy for a well constructed s'more.
Who's that guy that's super fly? Jackson!
Thanks pinterest for the hand protector idea!

We decided to paint our nails red, white, and blue, it was the girls idea to do stripes and dots...I love that they get so excited about the little things.
Watching fireworks on the back deck upstairs.

Lincoln's face here just kills me. Oh and my kids use that phrase now by the way. "That kills me" coming from Payden or Lincoln doesn't sound as normal as it does when I say it.
Yes there may have been big beautiful fireworks but God decided to show off and give us this beautiful moon, and Taylor and Lincoln were enamored with it. We kept talking about how God spoke things into existence and what a gift he gave us while we were busy getting excited over man-made beauty, his breathtaking creation slowly gained all our attention.
Blood Moon Over Portland
If you have to go to bed while fireworks are still going on, it doesn't get much better than seeing them snuggled up in your own bed. With a little clever rearranging everyone was able to enjoy the view!
I would have LOVED that as a kid!
It seriously didn't matter that it went on and on, they eventually slept through it all.
Hailey was asleep within a minute.

Til next year.

1 comment:

April said...

can you adopt me please? It looks SO fun to be one of your kids! You look beautiful Heather, and your super cute flag cake and red, white and blue nails? They kill me, love them. Miss you friend.