Thursday, September 15, 2011

Belief

It's one of those things we've talked about, together and with the kids for so long, it's a part of conversations all the time, it's around what we do, it's why we live life the way we do. Lincoln has always been very sensitive in all aspects and open and moved by the Spirit. He's so very tender so the way he talks just oozes with belief in God and a love for His Son. Which leads me to...
Tonight I was walking out of the girls room for a third time and Lincoln (who I already had a sweet bedtime conversation and prayer with) was laying in his bed crying...hard. I went in to see what was wrong thinking his stomach hurt and I was about to be cleaning up some vomit. But then I heard what he was saying between whales, "I don't want great-grandpa to die, I just love him so much I don't want him to die, I will miss him SO much" So I started rubbing his back understanding what he's saying at the same time praying that God would give me words to say to my super sweet emotional little man. So I related to the fact that I will miss him too and when someone dies it's the not getting to hug them or hear their laugh or look at their smile that we miss and that is okay. Then I reminded him that if the person believes that Jesus died to save them from their sins then we will get to see them again in heaven. And he looked at me lips quivering and goes 'that's what I believe, I believe that Jesus saved me' "What did He save you from" I asked, 'my sinning'. That conversation turned into one about praying and Linc said that he wanted to thank God for saving him so I let him pray and he simply said "God bless that you saved me when you died, and that you rose again 3 days later" Then from the other room I hear 'stoopid Payden' Yep, reality and Hailey trying to get a rise out of Payden...Lincoln looked at me and waited and said "I don't know what to pray anymore" so I prayed with him and hugged him and thanked God for my son and His.
It was such a poignant moment, that I felt blessed to get to share with one of my own children, I look forward to what I will learn from Lincoln as he grows and learns and lives his life for God's glory!

This was written at 9pm on September 9th 2011

1 comment:

April said...

I got tears in my eyes as I read this. Sooo excited and genuinely happy for Lincoln. I love that you were able to share this sweet moment with him, God is SO good.