Friday, August 26, 2011

Girl Time

This summer as Jer has been leading Son's of Thunder up at Tadmor he's been able to take Lincoln along and those guys have had a great time. There is another one this weekend at Elkanah and yesterday when we were in the car Linc 'I'm going to Sons of Thunder with dad it's where dad's teach their kids, teach their boys to be men, it's where I, it's where I learn to be, to be, learn how to be a man' (sometimes he stumbles over his words and he gets distracted, that is a direct quote to give you a glimpse to what listening to his stories can be like).
While Lincoln's been carving his walking stick the girls and I are getting some rare time alone together and I decided to embrace it more than ever. The way I like to shop, lets see I should start over, when I HAVE to shop I go in get what I need and get out, it's a very direct process. So when the girls and I were at Payden's eye appointment and realized there wasn't anything else on the agenda I decided to go to the mall, I was feeling crazy! As we pulled into the parking garage Payden asked if we could park on the top floor because we weren't in any sort of hurry it sounded like a fun idea. It was a hit! And kind of creepy with every turn we went up and there were no cars after about the 2nd  floor and I suddenly realized this is why the scary stuff always happens in parking garages because they are quite deserted. Well needless to say it was a really cool view and they loved being up so high, and getting to ride the elevator down.
Once in the mall we went and enjoyed the kids play area for a while...





Lately Payden either tries to hide because she doesn't want her picture taken or...

Poses like crazy! Mommy threw in a curve ball and let everyone have their own quarter to pick out candy from the always attractive candy machine


After walking around the whole thing everyone decided what they wanted. Payden settled on Mike n Ike's


Hailey couldn't stop moving with excitement after she picked Runts


And Taylor wanted Reese's Pieces


The 'I'm only smiling cause you said I had to before I get to eat my candy' smile


Ummm, I didn't know that you could get only the banana's from runts, these are hands down my favorite little treat but runts are never worth it because there are so many that aren't my favorite, so when I saw this was an option I joined in on the excitement!

Back to the car we go

No comments: