Saturday, April 2, 2011

A new favorite song

The kids love to listen to specific things depending on the car they are in. When they're with my mom they always want 'Bob and Larry' and having listened to it so many times Lincoln apparently picked up on one of the songs. One day he told me he wanted to pray for the meal and belted this song out...it was too funny. And over at my parents house he put on more of a performance before dinner rather than praying for the meal.

If you're unfamiliar with the song, and couldn't make out his spectacular annunciation, these are the lyrics:

We thank the Lord for what we're about to eat..
Dinnertime is a real good time to gather thankfully.

If you like both savory and sweet
You just can't mess with a partial list
of all our favorite treats.

I like peanut butter pizzas topped with tons of anchovies
and lots and lots of tater tots with a big purple slushy

Cheeseburgers and chocolate and lots of melted cheese,
but hold the tomatoes and the cucumbers please!

1 comment:

April said...

Hooray for new blog updates! Okay, okay, it doesn't take much to make me happy but it was nice to "catch up with ya!" I seriously miss your family.