Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's the little things

Today it was the little things in life that I noticed, and they were wonderful!
The smell of fresh brewed coffee


The sunshine!


Great customer service...thank you Renaldo at Albertson's!

Fast grocery shopping in the sunshine with only myself to tow around. It's amazing how much more time exponentially gets added to errand running with each kid and rain...like yesterday.

Driving with the window down, and the radio off!

My husband doing all the laundry while I was at work (I loathe laundry), he even folded all of those obnoxious shirts of mine that get hung up ;) ...so sweet. He hates folding my clothes because they just aren't uniform like his...it's like that episode of King of Queens where Doug tries to fold Carrie's camisole and ends up balling it up really fast, except this wasn't like that, everything was folded perfectly.

Taylor's long hair! I didn't get a picture of it today, but she looked so cute...take my word for it!

My Jedi warrior showing off his moves!

I know, he's too much right?

An impromptu playdate with our neighbor friend Brooke (the little girl in the video with Lincoln)!

Making springtime treats for home community















A last minute dinner date for the kids with Grandma Tammi giving me the time I needed to finish up things that got neglected when all the other little things happened today.

Taylor toting around her very own baby doll in package she got while out with Grandma, she thought she was every bit of 5 as Payden.

Effortless bedtime.

I'm sorry that one deserves a repeat, effortless bedtime!

Watching the AMA's dvr'd from Sunday because this was the first time I was able to sit down and watch something.

A glass of Merlot and peanut M&M's (that I got for free), and of course a nicely percolating glass of ice water.
Don't you love the chalk decorations? Thanks Tay Tay!

Today was a gift!

1 comment:

April said...

days like this are what makes blogging fun too....on those days that aren't so "picture perfect" you can so easily look back and melt away the long days by remembering today. So glad you had a wonderful day :-)