Friday, September 10, 2010

Training On The Go

Potty training...not fun. But with Hailey we're on round number two. About six months ago we gave it a good run and she did well, not fantastic but well. Then we got super busy and then we moved and we were not stable enough to give the attention needed to make her successful. Granted she was doing well. Last week Our beautiful, spunky, hilarious, freakishly strong third born decided she wanted to go to the bathroom on the toilet, and so she did, number two and everything, just because she wanted to.


Well now for two days we've changed her into underwear once she wakes up in the morning and she stayed in the same pair all day. No timers, no giving her constant drinks, she's seamlessly incorporated potty training into everyday life. Even going to Costco. So much so that I forgot until we were there and I got her out of the car seat, that's when I remembered she was in underwear. And that's when I broke into a nervous sweat. I don't know what I expected, an accident in the middle of tasting samples, running to the bathroom with 4 kids in tow and getting kicked out of Costco for bringing unpaid merchandise into the bathroom, or utter complete success from my big girl, I'm still not sure. But we made it home, in fact she told me she had to go while we were in the car and I was ever so thankful that we were only 5 minutes from home instead of 45 like when we lived at camp. And she held it. She held it till we got home. Ah my big girl. Of course she wanted to wear just underwear to bed tonight but mommy is too nervous for that. Who wants to wash an extra pair of sheets when there are already 4 basket full of clothes waiting silent yet dauntingly to be folded...not me. I hate laundry, it's my least favorite chore.
And I'm fully aware that now we're going to digress just because I've bragged about how great she has done. But for now, that's where we're at.


No comments: