Thursday, September 9, 2010

Extreme Couponing

I've decided to get into couponing. Not just clip them out and use them here and there; but clipping them, stacking them, doubling them, twice the valuing them, printing them, strategizing with them. Now I have only been at this a handful of times and the result is huge savings and an adrenaline rush I never knew I could get from shopping. I'm not a shopper, in fact I'm an anti shopper, nothing about it excites me...until now. My hands were trembling and my breaths were short during checkout, inevitably I dropped one transactions worth of coupons, and I felt like I was doing something wrong even though everything about saving money while using coupons is legal. When I got home I laid out my bounty and began to play the guessing game with Jer. 'Guess how much all of this cost us'? And my voice was shaking as I got to keep saying 'less', 'less', 'less'.

The problem I find now is that I don't want to go shopping for things we need unless I can get them for super cheap. So now the dilemma I'm facing now is, we are on our last package of wipes and I don't have cheap wipe options with coupons so I may just end up at Costco until a good deal presents itself. All in all, I'm loving it, couponing has become a hobby now and I'm enjoying saving our family money!

No comments: